Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Book of Death (and scars)



These two dead beauties are what Dennis' brothers shot while in Oklahoma on their hunting trip. Dennis told me he might want to start a "Book of Death" on the blog, as my brother-in-law Brian calls it, so here you go. Unfortunately, this was all they got while on their 5 day hunting trip. He was disappointed but said they had a great time bonding in their manly ways. I asked him what guys talk about while they're in a car together for 50 hours, and he said, "Well, we don't talk about our wives, I'll tell you that."

Sheeeesh...

Maybe a guy can enlighten me on something... What is it with guys and their hunting and scar stories? When I worked at scout camp as a teenager, I probably logged about 100 hours of listening to guys telling me about each and every scar they had ever gotten, starting from about age 3. It's like that with hunting too. Poor Dennis, the expression on my face as he tells me about the gorey details of his latest hunting trip, is probably the same expression he has on his face as I recap my night shift at the hospital, being on poop patrol for an old man all night.

I guess women do that too when they all get around and start talking about their birthing stories with their own children. They can remember the smallest, goriest details you never cared to know.

So I guess it's all a wash in the end.

No comments: