Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy, busy



One of the things I've discovered about myself is that I take things on one at a time and soon find myself up to my eyeballs in projects and goals. Take now, for example. Dennis is going to Oklahoma to go pig hunting with his brothers tomorrow for five days (yes...I think it's funny too). When he comes back, we go to Jakarta for 12 days. I've been working on potty training Luke so that Dennis' parents won't have to change his stinky little butt while we're in Jakarta. We just had our quarterly Relief Society activity, commemorating the Relief Society's birthday, that I was in charge of (included dinner and entertainment). I've also been working on organizing a 5k/Fun Run event to raise money for those affected by the earthquake in Chile. Dennis and I are also putting together a team to compete in the Sawtooth Relay in June. Then throw in how obsessive-compulsive I am about my house being clean, and I am one busy little lady. Oh yeah...and I started a blog.

Potty training my little Luke has been quite the experience. I decided it was time when he came up to me with an Uncle Jesse look in his eye and said, "Hey mom, I have a surprise for you in my diaper." I asked him if he had pooped his pants and he said, "Ha, Ha, I pooped my pants!" and ran away. The only way we can get him to sit on the toilet is to put our portable DVD player in the bathroom and let him watch "Diego" while he piddles. My potty-training confidence is in the toilet (no pun intended) since I tried relentlessly with Camden with no success, only to have Dennis' mom succeed while we were in Mexico visiting Alex and Shelley. We'll see how it goes. Diapers for two is getting to be a little spendy.

My little Lauren has decided that crawling is over-rated and that walking sounds much better. At only 8 1/2 months she is no where near steady enough to walk but is bound and determined to bypass crawling and keep up with her brothers running. Her two front teeth have finally popped through which is a good thing considering that before only her canines had come through. She looked like a cute little baby vampire. I love her little pig tails. She reminds me of the little girl in "Emperors New Groove" and Boo from "Monster's Inc."

My life is pretty busy right now but I wouldn't change it for anything. I have the best husband a girl could ask for and he supports me in all of my crazy ideas.

3 comments:

Cher said...

ugh. i hate potty training. it's the worst. seriously. lucy is just getting the hang of it, she did fine with pee, but we had to/have to use miralax to get her not scared about poop. at least you don't have that problem! :) everyone always says they'll do it when they're ready.
and,
you're amazing, doing so much with your life!

gilvearbebes said...

Gabe has not even wanted to start potty training yet, so this might sound weird but I am jealous! I just wish he would move to that next stage! Your kids are so cute! Yeah for another blogging buddy!!

Percy said...

Glad that you started a blog! Now I will be following your blog too. And you are a talented writer sis. Funny things kids say and do throughout the day.