Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oddly Satisfying

Here are some of my random thoughts of the day:

I had a bit of a wake up call today when I was picking a crusty booger out of my little Lauren's nose and found it oddly satisfying. It made me think of all the things that I do and have come to realize as a mom that I never in a million years would have expected.

Like the other day when I was walking up the stairs, saw a Cheerio on the carpet, and actually picked it up and ate it.

I've learned that Spaghettios really aren't as good as I remembered them being as a kid, they're just concentrated tomato soup with pasta.

Other people's kids seem so much brattier than my own, no matter how out of control mine are(fess up...everyone thinks that).

Little boys always smell a little funny, even after they've been bathed. Like a little wet puppy.

Sometimes things can get so crazy that I have to think really hard as to when the last time I showered was, let alone shaved my legs.

I've learned that my parents are more amazing than I ever thought. I think motherhood with three kids in Idaho is tough sometimes, try it with eight kids, moving all over the world every couple of years.

I don't own a cell phone nor have I ever sent a text message, making me feel completely out of touch with the upcoming generation. I've become one of those out of touch people that I used to laugh at as a teenager.

I used to be the perfect parent, until I had kids. There have been so many situations that have come up in disciplining my kids that leave me completely stumped as to what I should do.

Maintaining a personal identity when you have kids can be tricky sometimes.

Being a mom has brought out the best in me and the very worst. It is discouraging at times to come to the end of the day and to think of all the times throughout the day when I royally screwed up.

All this being said, I count motherhood as one of the two biggest blessings in my life (one of them being Dennis).

It's amazing how crazy you can be about these little people that drive you so crazy sometimes.

Tonight when we were reading scriptures, Luke was looking at a picture of Jesus with his head cocked and a sweet smile on his face. I expected him to say something profound when he looked at me with those big "ojotes" (as the Mexican ladies call them) and said, "Jesus has crazy hair." I wouldn't change those moments for anything.

2 comments:

gilvearbebes said...

Wow! That is amazing how you summed motherhood up! It is so funny and so true! You are such a great mom and I loved reading this!

Cynthia said...

Love it! Probably because it is all so true!