Friday, April 23, 2010

Hey, Soul Sister



I can't help but feel happy when I hear this song because my son Camden loves it so much. I love to hear his 5 year old, prepubescent voice belting it out as he walks around the house. Whenever it comes on the radio, I have to turn it up and smile, even when he's not with me, because it reminds me of him. As a mom, whatever makes our kids happy, automatically seems to make us happy too. I think these are the kinds of things I will miss when he's 16 years old and too cool to belt out songs in this octave (I think that's partly why he likes the song so much- because he can match the singer's pitch). I wish I could bottle up these moments to keep them forever.

4 comments:

Cher said...

My little one loves it too! As do I, I must confess I downloaded it on itunes. He has good taste. :)

Cristina said...

Camden is such a cutie! I love this song too, I'll have to see if he'll sing it with me this weekend. :)

The Minert Family said...

That's hilarious, you do have to enjoy it before hed gets too embaressed!

Becky said...

I love this song too, always turn it up when it comes on the radio. Cute kid!