Monday, November 29, 2010

Announcement


Well if you've been wondering lately why I haven't been acting quite myself and why I've been constantly tired and getting a little pudgier around the hips and waist, it's because...yes...Baby Merrick #4 is on the way on due to be here June 8th of 2011.

I'm excited about welcoming a new little personality into our home, but I'm scared to death thinking about how I'm supposed to add one more element of chaos into an already-chaotic scene. I love how people nanchalantly say, "Oh, after three kids, it's all the same. It's just more kids. You'll do fine."

Seriously? My sanity is the only thing I'm doubting can handle it. Often this comment comes from the mother with a glazed-over look in her eyes, who hasn't showered in two days, who's house looks like it was just hit by an atomic bomb and who's children are running around like little terrorists. I don't mean to sound condescending because usually the crazy lady I just described is me. But I do know there are women that handle four children, and even 6 and 10 children beautifully without any signs of mental break down. Those women are just a little fewer and farther between!

This has definitely been a harder pregnancy with much more fatigue, insomnia (You might be wondering, how can those two go together? They can... trust me) and nausea. I've had to nap every day for at least an hour if I want to make it through to the end of the day. I'm sure Dennis will be ready to have his wife back when the first part of this pregnancy is over!

As fed up as I am with being pregnant and even though I'm seriously doubting my ability to handle four children sanely, it's amazing how as soon as I saw that first ultrasound image, my heart melted and it suddenly all became worthwhile. Interesting how a little black and white picture of something the size of a peanut that looks more alien than human can make a momma's heart swell as big as her edematous legs.

I'm excited to think about having another child that is as special to me as each of my kids are. I wouldn't trade any of them, even the little one inside of me, for all the sleep, sanity or skinny jeans in the world.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

You can do it Rita! I am adding #3 and most days I question my sanity...but you are right - that grainy, crazy little picture does make it all worth it :)

Jacob and Jillian said...

Rita I couldn't even tell you were pregnant! You look fantastic and just as beautiful as ever. You can totally do this and if you ever need a break send Lauren over here. I think she and Savannah are very much alike, adorable but little monsters all at the same time.

Cher said...

yay! the race IS on. :)

The "J" Team said...

Yea!!! Congrats. I'm so excited for you. Do you think it's a boy or girl?

Cher said...

p.s. thanks for the comment on my blog. the gift wasn't really an advent gift cuz it's just one for the whole family to open on December 1st. something we can use all month long. but we also have an advent calendar that is separate. the kids love it. i just didn't want you to think we were opening presents all month long. ha ha :)