Monday, December 13, 2010

Favorite Quotes of the Week




Here are my favorite quotes of the week with a little bit of a background story on each of them:

  • Camden told us he wanted to be in charge of the lesson for family home evening last week. He was so excited to teach us about water and air pollution, and taking good care of the earth that Heavenly Father made for us. To begin the lesson, he asked us what we thought water pollution was. As we gave our answers, he nodded politely and then decided to give us the real answer. "Well actually, it's when you're riding on a dolphin's back, you pick your nose, and then clean the boogers off in the water. That's water pollution."

  • Lauren is such an enthusiastic little dancer but really only has one dance move- the knee bob with the occassional hand clap thrown in, so I've been trying to teach her how to shake her booty. She looks like Elvis Presley with prosthetic legs when she does it, but she's trying! On Saturday morning after Dennis got home from playing football with the guys, she was showing him her new dance moves with the radio cranked up as he was changing out of his rain-soaked clothes. Luke was watching the whole thing and came to report, "Hey, Mom! Your favorite grown-up is dancing in his underpants!" (Followed by his Mr. Evil belly laugh.) He has never referred to Dennis before that way but I'm glad he knows who my favorite grown-up is.

  • Finally, I came across this C.S. Lewis quote that I love. The more I think about it, the more true I know it is. "The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career."

On a separate side note, I've been feeling the baby kick for the last couple of weeks. I began feeling definite baby movement at about 12 weeks. It's been fun to feel movement so early on in the pregnancy, much earlier than my other kids! Feeling the little one move inside is by far my favorite part about being pregnant.

2 comments:

Cher said...

no way! already? i never feel it til like 18 weeks.
love the quotes, too funny

Rochelle and Zach said...

Camden's qoute is too funny! I had to read it out loud to Zach.