Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a girl!

Well, as many of my friends and family guessed, the little bun inside my oven is a girl! We are excited for Lauren to have a little sister. Poor thing, I'm sure life isn't very easy trying to keep up with two older brothers that love her but usually don't want her around. It will be nice for her to have a little side kick. The other plus is that the preparation will be much easier. But most of all, there's something so special about a little girl!
I was feeling so great and excited that my energy was coming back and that I was feeling back to normal when I got hit with one of the nastiest colds I've ever had. Unfortunately I reverted back to my wussy, whiney pregnant self much sooner than Dennis was expecting, I'm sure. He probably thought he had until I was at least 35 weeks along before the complaining about the discomfort started again. The worst thing about pregnancy and colds coming at the same time is that aside from already being tired and not feeling well due to the pregnancy, the medications you can take for symptom relief are much more limited. I do feel like I'm very slowly coming out of it so that's a good thing.

2 comments:

The "J" Team said...

Yea...a girl! Congrats!

Cher said...

yay for girls! so glad you get another one.
sorry you've had a cold. i feel your pain. i've had a cold too, while we were at disney world. try being pregnant, carrying a whiney 2 year old, not sleeping well, and coming down with a cold, while walking around the parks all day. :)