Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Ski Trip

A few weeks ago, while driving home from Dennis' parent's house, he was telling me about some upcoming hunting trips he wanted to plan for the spring. I wanted to be the supportive wifey but the Latin side in me kicked in and I told him to hold his horses and that before he planned anymore time away from me and the kids, I needed some time for me to get away to do something fun. And no, time away at the grocery store doesn't count. Being Dennis, of course he was more than supportive and encouraged me to to do so.

I felt terrible that I was only able to invite 4 of my friends but where this was the first time planning a weekend getaway like this, I wanted to start with a small group. Since I'm pregnant, we had to stick with cross-country skiing which was still a blast. We headed up to the ski resort on Friday evening and came home Sunday evening.

We stayed in a beautiful condo at Tamarack. I got a great deal on the price and the cross-country ski trails were right outside our window.



There was LOTS of falling as we were trying to get the hang of cross-country skiing. It's not as easy at it looks!

Stopping for lunch

Gretchen and me

Gretchen, me, Holli, Stephanie and Becky


Afterwards, the girls went and soaked in the hot tub. I had to sit it out of course. Bummer.


On Sunday went to the McCall winter Carnival. Payette Lake was completely frozen over so there were a lot of kids and adults sliding around on it and having a grand old time.


There were some pretty impressive ice sculptures. I took this picture for my boys since I knew this probably the only one that would impress them.


It was a great weekend. We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Thanks to my wonderful friends for coming with me!

No comments: