Monday, February 7, 2011

Recent happenings

Not too much new is going on, but a few things I wanted to write about.

First, Camden finally lost his first tooth last week. He was starting to get a little worried that all of the other kids in his class seemed to be losing them faster than a bunch of hillbillies in a bar room brawl, but none of his would budge. He finally got his first loose tooth but had heard all sorts of horror stories about how much it hurt to pull it out so he wouldn't let me touch it. After about a week of the thing barely hanging on, I was afraid it would fall out in his sleep or during recess and we'd have a nice bloody mess to deal with. Last Wednesday night I told him, "Camden, did you know the tooth fairy pays double on Wednesdays?"

"Really?!"

"Yup, it's true. I bet if you let me pull it out right now she'll bring you $2 tonight."

So he came over, opened right up and out it came. I don't think it was quite as painless as I had told him it would be though. I love his face in this picture.


My little Luke has also had quite a bit to say lately. On Sunday he yelled at me, "Mom! You're RUINING my life!!!" Oh geez, I thought I had at least another 10 years before I had to hear that one. Keep in mind he is only 3 years old.

There were two other things that he said that left me rolling but I think Dennis would have my head on a platter if I posted them. Let's just say that Sigmund Freud would have had a hay day with his comments and that if Luke ever came across what he said as a teenager, he would probably die of embarassment. So for his sake, I'll have to just tuck those two away for me and Dennis to laugh about. I'm just glad someone other than myself appreciates my small-chestedness.

My kids seem to go through these phases of weird obsessions. Lauren seems to have a thing lately with getting Desitin diaper cream and rubbing it all over her face and nose. Maybe she's figured out that it clears up sinuses or something.

My dad brought Lauren this sweet little dress from Peru. I put her in it on Sunday and couldn't get over how cute my little princess looked.

Finally, I decided to give yoga a try today since I had heard so much hype about it. My sister Patty told me that a lot of bikers and runners she knew did it to boost their athletic performance and my brother told me he really got into it last year. I wasn't quite sure what to think of it for myself though. I'm definitely not used to working out like that. Usually I have an instructor screaming at me through a microphone with music blaring or I work out on my own and finish drenched in sweat. Needless to say I didn't even break a sweat or get my heart rate up once, but it did feel good to relax and stretch in a dimmed room to quiet music. The instructor's waist-length dreads were pretty sweet too. I don't know how doing it is supposed to give me arms like Madonna or legs like Jennifer Aniston but I'll try it a couple more times.

2 comments:

Ash said...

That was so clever of you, w/ that tooth fairy story!! So glad it worked fabulously... just hope he doesn't keep that in mind for future teeth and decide to loose them all on wednesdays. lol. ;)

Ryley really wants to lose a tooth too, but I'm dreading the day... I keep tellin her to keep them all in her mouth until she's in 2nd grade! She gets really mad when I say that, as if I have any control over when they decide to come!

Love that pic of Lauren w/ the desitin on her face, she's such a cutie!

Luke sounds like a crack up!

Percy said...

Love the stories, they have me laughing out loud.