Friday, March 18, 2011

Luke's Boyfriend

Today Luke and I went to school to have lunch with Camden. In an effort to be especially health conscious, we picked up a pizza, some twinkies and a slushie and headed to the school.

Each time we've gone, my favorite part is the way he smiles at us when he sees us enter the cafeteria. It's like he's just won the lottery and he excitedly points me out to his friends. What a way to make someone feel like a superhero.

Today as we were eating, a little girl behind us said something to her friend about her boyfriend. Camden and some of the other boys turned around teasing her about having a boyfriend and made sure she knew how gross they thought that was.

Luke, who didn't want to be left out of the excitement, yelled out to the group of kids, "Oh yeah? Well I have a boyfriend! He's right here!" as he proudly put his arm around Camden's shoulder. Camden looked a little horrified as his friends started to snicker and said, "Ewww! No! I'm not your boyfriend!" But Luke just kept grinning with his arm around his brother's shoulder saying, "Yep! He's my boyfriend!" Camden figured there wasn't anything he could say to change Luke's mind so he turned back to his pizza and tried to change the topic.

I thought that was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

2 comments:

The "J" Team said...

So, so, so cute.

Cher said...

ha ha ha. love it