Sunday, March 13, 2011

Monster Trucks and more


Yesterday Dennis took the boys to the Monster Truck show that came through town. The boys first discovered an interest (obsession) in them about a year ago when they watched a Discovery Channel documentary on them. Since then, I've been told multiple times by Luke that it would be so super duper awesome if we turned our van into a monster truck. They've been talking about the show non-stop and counting down the days for the past two weeks since Dennis bought the tickets.





Poor Luke was so tired at the end that he zonked. Thank goodness we had these ear muffs that we borrowed from some friends.



On a side note, I feel as though I'm just leaving the "golden stage" in pregnancy- the stage right in the middle, after the morning sickness and fatigue pass and before the sheer size and weight of my belly becomes more than my 5'3" frame can handle. There is definitely something to be said about pregnancy as the years pass. Even though I'm only 29, I can definitely tell that my body just doesn't have the energy at the end of the day that it used to. I'm sure I can factor in chasing three kids around into that. There are days that I swear I'm going to cocoon myself into my bed at the end of the day and not come out for another 6 months. Today was definitely one of those days. Working in the nursery at church when you're 6 months pregnant with your fourth child just doesn't have the spark that it used to, that's for sure. I'm sure it didn't help that I probably heard a half a dozen comments about how I'm really starting to "poke out" and really look pregnant. No matter how many kids I have, and no matter how much I know that that's to be expected, I always feel a little whalish when I hear that.

I thought for sure that by now, especially after days like this, I would be dying to get back to work and combing the classifieds, but surprisingly, the longer I'm out of the work force (more specifically the hospitals) the less appealing it seems. I must say that I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has changed my heart and has eliminated the desire to be working outside the home. I have found that despite the exhaustion and endless testing of my patience, my role as a stay-at-home mom is feeling more and more rewarding.

2 comments:

Percy said...

I'm glad that the boys had so much fun at the demolition derby. I think they'd be many little boys' dream come true: big trucks smashing into each other and loud noises.

I admire your stamina and strength, and everything about a woman having the humility to bear a child. It seems one of the greatest things in the world to do, one of the greatest gifts. You and my sisters are amazing, there are 3 of you now! You are amazing sis!

Cher said...

that's funny he fell asleep. cute picture.
whalish? ha ha. i don't mind when i start showing and people notice. when i do feel whalish is when people say are you due tomorrow and you aren't due for like 4 weeks. but just saying i can tell you're pregnant now is ok, cuz i want something to show for all this work! :)