Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ramona


I am officially 0 for 5 on successfully taking scissors to Lauren's hair to do even the most minor trimming. When I went in to have it fixed this time, the hair stylist said she understood and that it can be hard when 2 year olds are squirming so much when you try to cut their hair. She said even the best in the business make mistakes trying to cut a child's hair that's squirming like a little pig. I smiled and nodded but didn't tell her that Lauren was actually sitting as still as a statue when I cut her bangs 1 inch shorter on her right side than on her left.

I had the stylist give her a bob to make the ridiculously short and uneven bangs I gave her look like it was at least a little part of the plan. They're still slanted because I told the stylist I would have her retrim them when the right side grew out a little more. Everytime I look at her I think of Ramona Quimby, the character from the books and I want to hug her and apologize for trying to save a few bucks and trimming her bangs myself.

I told Dennis that the next time he sees me trying to take scissors to Lauren's hair and does not intervene and take them away from me, by force if necessary, her bad haircut will be HIS FAULT!!!

Easter Sunday. Sitting like a lady is something that's still a work in progress.

1 comment:

Mary and Matt Sumsion said...

Such a cute picture!