Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day





Mother's Day and Father's Day are the two days of the year that I feel the most emotional about. I find myself tearing up easily and feeling overcome with emotion all day.

I find that I so easily get down on myself. I'm hyperaware of all the things that I feel I fall short in. But today I was thinking that most of the things I like the most about myself, came from mother. From her I got a love for working, especially in the home cleaning and doing laundry- sometimes tirelessly. I got my organization skills, my deep affection for my children, my interest in making new friends, my love of writing, the way I listen so carefully to the lyrics of music, my desire to be surrounded by beauty, the way I try to teach my children manners and other rules of civility, my philosophical thinking, the way I'm always on the move, and my love of nature and the outdoors- all from her.

I am in awe of the things my mom has accomplished during her lifetime. She has been given tasks and situations that to almost any other woman would have been insurmountable but somehow she conquered them.

A mother holds such a hallowed place in a child's heart. What a blessing it has been to be a daughter of Luisa.

No comments: