Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Love



At the risk of sounding overly theatrical, there are certain human moments and sensations that I think we specifically wanted to experience when we were making our decision to come to earth. The feeling of a baby lying on my chest, feeling her uneven, warm breath against my neck, with her body curled against the shape of mine was one I think I specifically wanted to experience. This has to be the most calming and delicious feeling in the world. After her feeds, she loves to curl up against me and fall asleep like this. This is true bonding, as a momma's heart literally feels like it's melting.

5 comments:

Cher said...

awww. such a great way to phrase it. too cute.

highheels2flipflops said...

Ahhh. precious and I totally agree. I was born to feel that feeling.

Jeff and Kris said...

I think those first precious cuddling moments are the way that those precious little beings communicate with us....ahh mom thanks for being you and bringing me into this world, and sorry for kicking you in the ribs two days ago. I also love the way that only your babies fit on you, against you, breathing with you and you are only comfortable I mean really comfortable holding your little ones. Ahh the joys! The Bliss! The Love!

The "J" Team said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Trent and Julie said...

I realize how much I miss when I don't read people's blogs! Yours is wonderful. How gratetful I am for your friendship, even when I'm clueless to what is going on in your life. I'm sorry not to be heading back to Boise this week. I think a few days at home is what this family needs, but I truly do wish i could be there. Hope you are well and wish we were closer.