Sunday, August 28, 2011

Silver Lining



As with all things, there has been a silver lining to the restlessness I've been feeling (and truth be told, maybe a little bit of baby blues too). In an effort to keep myself from going stir crazy, I dusted off my sewing machine that had been stashed away, and started sewing again. The last thing I had sewn that was more than just a straight line on a pillow case or curtain was when I was in college. I sewed these two little dresses for the girls and they looked darling in them. Calista's milk belly has expanded a little faster than I expected so the dress was a border-line hoochie mama on her. I think I'll put it away and have her wear it as a shirt next spring.

And while I was rediscovering my love for fabric stores, I ran into some awesome buttons. I thought to myself, "Hmm...I wonder if I could make these into jewlery somehow." So I bought a package of earring studs, trimmed off the backs of the buttons and glued them on to the studs. Each pair ended up costing about a $1.50.
Fun times, and what a great rediscovery of something I had forgotten I loved.


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Creating things is my favorite way to get rid of restlessness! Unfortunately this week it has been in the form of baking...not so great for the ol' waist line. Time to hit the sewing machine and create something.

Cher said...

wow, those dresses look great! we need a pic of the girls in them. calista can wear some little shorts already underneath. :)