Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolution


I recently saw this quote on the kitchen counter of a friend.  When I read it, it stopped me in my tracks and it left me thinking for the rest of the day.  I've decided to make internalizing this quote my only New Year's Resolution for 2012.  


"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.  We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.  We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something.  We have to learn to be content with what we are."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley-


What an amazing woman, this Marjorie Pay Hinckley.  As I browsed through her quotes on a website in search for this one, I decided I need to learn more about this lady.  



As for the pictures below, they really don't relate in anyway to the post.  I was just looking through some pictures from last year and realized that there's a bit of a pattern in Luke's reaction as soon as he sees me take out the camera.













2 comments:

Cristina said...

What a cutie! Love the quote too :) Oh, and I was meaning to tell you that I sat down and read the advice to your boys post and I really like it! I need to do that for my kids sometime. Love you!

Cher said...

love that quote. and i love marjorie. she has so many wonderful down to earth quotes. her bio was awesome.
it's true. simplifying (but feeling accomplished) is key to enjoying life.