Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You might be a mom if...


Last night I was reading a book about the different symptoms of medical conditions in women.  I had to laugh as I realized that each of these conditions have an eerie similarity to another condition I know.

First it gave the symptoms for hypothyroidism: weight gain, hair loss, feeling cold, aches and pains, fatigue, slower thinking, trouble remembering things, feeling down.

Then they moved on to diabetes: frequent urination, increased appetite, drowsiness, lethargy, irritability.

Then came menopause:  mood swings, fatigue, hair thinning, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, memory lapses, weight gain, depression, (as well as some other girly symptoms that I'll avoid mentioning but that still apply).

Almost any mom on any given day of the year could probably go into the doctor with these exact symptoms and he'd just smile, pat you on the back, and say, "Welcome to Motherhood."

No comments: