Monday, May 6, 2013

War on Heels

This morning I officially declared war on all those ridiculous high heels that make me hobble around any time I wear them for more than 15 minutes.  I cleaned out my closet this morning and tossed out a half dozen pairs of boots and heels that although cute and fashionable, did not make my new church rule:  if they hurt my feet after three hours of church (which I sit through almost the entire time) than then they're gone.

I'm sure Dennis will appreciate this small gesture of sanity. He has always shaken his head in bewilderment at why women put themselves through the agony to gain only a few inches in height.  Using the flawless female logic, I tried to explain to him that they elongate the leg and lift the derriere.  So in my case, totally worth it... until this morning.

As a 31 year-old mother of four, I think I've earned the right to wear something slightly more geriatric but much more comfortable!  I'm a little behind in the feminist movement.  :)

Although not super fashionable, Payless Shoes has these amazingly comfortable heels for $20.  I've worn them at least a dozen times since I bought them a few months ago.

3 comments:

Sylvia Bunker said...

I wholeheartedly agree with this. :) Plus whenever I wear heels I'm more of a giant.

Cynthia said...

I love my comfy heels!

AllisonK said...

One of the best decisions you will ever make! Love this!