Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back from insanity

The month of July has wrapped up and I feel like taking a huge sigh of relief!  We made it!  I'm always a little hesitant to write details of when I'll be gone in a public place like a blog, but now that it's all done and over with, here is a quick recap of what has been going on:

On June 30th, just a week after the pioneer trek, I headed to Ghana for a medical mission with my brother, Jimmy and one of my good friends.  It was amazing, heart-breaking, exhausting, and so many emotions in between.  I'll write much more on this in another blog post, hopefully soon.



When Dennis came to pick me up at the airport, we headed straight to eastern Idaho (without going home for even a shower first!) to go camping for a family reunion.  By the time I walked in my front door three days later, I thought I had walked into heaven.  It felt so good to be home!



Three days later Dennis and I went white water rafting for 3 days down Hell's Canyon with a group of 22 adults.  Awesome, awesome...

Dennis is the stud in the back guiding the raft and I'm sitting next to his cousin, Lee.

One day after getting back from Hell's Canyon, we headed to Utah to spend time with my tia Marta and tio Luchito who were visiting from Chile.  Soooo good to see them.



We had a few days of relaxation and are now gearing up to put our house on the market.  At the beginning of this year we purchased a 3 acre lot not far from where we live now.  After our home sells, we will begin building.  I had no idea how much work and preparation goes into getting a house ready to sell! Needless to say, we've been working day in and day out to get the house ready.  On a side note, I also had no idea how sad I would feel getting the house ready to sell.  I know it is just a building, but it has been so good to us.  I've brought three babies home from the hospital to this house.  It feels like an old friend and it hurts to think of saying good-bye.

It's past midnight and I'm absolutely exhausted, but I wanted to write at least a little.  I can barely think straight.  I plan to write in more detail as soon as things settle down a bit, hopefully sometime soon???  I don't know.  I've been saying that for the past year and a half and things just seem to keep getting busier and busier!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rita, great to hear an update from you. What a full summer, and it's not even over yet. And you're selling your house! Catch up with you soon, Love, Percy